Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Lazy Blogger Sunday Salon Edition


Yes, the lazy blogger nearly missed the whole weekend without a post.  I have no valid excuse unless Saturday down pours and winds or a perfect fall-like Sunday count.  Yesterday the weather went from sticky, hot and humid to heavy rain and wind  We went to an annual  fall festival, one which we always enjoy --it includes a really nice book sale generally.  I picked up about 10 new books, (2) were books I read previously as library copies, but loved so much that I got my own like-new copies now --Cutting for Stone and Little Bee. Have you read these? If not, you are missing on on (2) great novels IMO.

Today was a perfect low low 70's sunny Sunday. I took out the jeans and a few cardigans --just in case. It is suppose to be a beautiful week, and I only have to work (3) days so I'm pretty happy about that. I spent time reading on my deck (shaded until about 2 pm) and, I was actually cold -- haven't said that in a long time, so I only read outside for about an hour. I watched the movie Contagion for a second time....scary, but liked it a lot. I watched while ironing for a bit ....yep, I'm one of those who still irons and I actually like to iron while watching a movie.

I read - The Good Dream; Donna Van Liere - so different from my typical reads...think Nicholas Sparks, but the story was wonderful and just what I needed after a few too many depressing stories. It made my cry, and that rarely happens with me.  I've been listening to The Chaperone, Laura Moriarty, but the narrator isn't the best and I have at least 6 more discs to go, so although I like the story I may switch to the print version for the rest and move on to a different audio book.

Oh, and after lots of take out this past week I actually cooked tonight. Salmon (with a brown sugar glaze), baked potato and veggies -- it was yummy. (We skipped the ice cream and opted for watermelon for dessert).

Have a great week everyone!


Don't you want a pair or these?

20 comments:

  1. I want the leggings. It is always okay to take a break. I am in a two month trial so posting has been sketchy to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been posting much less frequently these days- sometimes life just gets in the way. My book club selected Little Bee for next month - I am looking forward to it especially after reading Gold which I really liked. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find a book I am passionate about, so maybe I'll try Little Bee. The problem is that once I'm passionate about it, then it's over so quickly. I love reading your blog, whenever you get around to posting. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was cool this morning when I took the dog out at 6AM. By the way, you don't have to make excuses when it comes to blogging - it's your blog, you can do what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was listening to The Chaperone too through Overdrive but wasn't liking the narrator either. I think I might try to get a print version of the book to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip on "The Chaperone." I nearly checked it out from the library! Debated the book or the tape. Love those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one of those to put the adorable slippers on one of these days. I agree with Little Bee! I just started Gold on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have both The Chaperone and The Good Dream here to read. Good to know they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I managed to be a truly lazy blogger and went a week without posting--so a weekend is nothing! I'm so looking forward to fall weather and more reading outside. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I would wear those lion slippers. Your weekend actually sounds wonderful. As the weather is getting cooler, I've been finding myself not wanting to read as much for some weird reason. I haven't finished a book yet for September, must be some type of sickness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the narration of The Chaperone but I'm finding a lot of people didn't care too much for it. It's a great story though so maybe print will work better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! My little guy had little lion Robeez back in the day! Now I'm a little sad. He's eight and his feet are about 2/3 the size of mine now. Enjoy the little feet for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salmon with brown sugar?? Wow, that sounds really good. I love salmon.

    I am not too overwhelmed lately, or so it seems, to get much of anything done. I just want to be a slug. My brain is tired of thinking and I am tired of expecting it to think :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That should say... I am TOO overwhelmed. I can't even type right!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I started listening to The Chaperone during my blogging break, but ended up finishing it in print. Everyone seems to love the narrator, but I did have a couple of issues. Working on a review now...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also highly recommend Cutting for Stone and Little Bee. I have gone back in time and I'm reading D.E. Stevenson and Angela Thirkell. A nice change from all the political hoopla right now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm considering getting my long pants out now that it is cooling down (thank goodness). And I would LIVE in shoes like that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the shoes but of course I would opt for penguins on them. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, I've read both Cutting for Stone and Little Bee. Loved 'em both!

    Our weather feels very autumnal right now. It's overcast with a light drizzle and breeze. I've had all the windows open while the oven is in self-cleaning mode and sat on the porch for a little bit, trying to read, but wound up coming back inside. I was cold! I'm making stew and apple crisp for dinner tonight. Yes, Fall is less than a week away. Yipppeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you please come iron here??? I don't even buy clothes that need ironed ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.