Monday, March 31, 2014

March ~ Month in Review


March was a good reading month for me, because I got to listen to several audiobooks at work this month. I managed to read (15) books:  (4) were kids books and (6) were audiobooks.  (YTD total is 34 books)

  1. Still Life with Bread Crumbs; Anna Quindlen - 3.5/5  (library) March
  2. The Signature of All Things; Elizabeth Gilbert - 4.5/5 (audio) March
  3. The Bear; Claire Cameron - 4/5 (audio) March 
  4. The Winter People; Jennifer McMahon - 3.5/5 (audio & eGalley) March 
  5. Nest; Jorey Hurley - 5/5 stars (library) March 
  6. Someday; Alison McGhee - 5/5 (personal copy) March
  7. All Our Names; Dinaw Mengestu - 4/5 (eGalley) March 
  8. Fear Nothing; Lisa Gardner 4.5/5 (audio)  (March)
  9. Coincidence; JW Ironmonger - 4/5 (arc) March
  10. The Apartment; Greg Baxter - 3.5/5 (eBook) March
  11. My Dad Thinks He's Funny; Katrina Germein - 4/5 (library) March 
  12. Have You Heard the Nesting Bird?; Gray and Pak - 5/5 (print - library) March 
  13. Standup Guy; Stuart Woods - 3.5/5 (audio-library) March
  14. The Road Home; Rose Tremain - 3.5/5 (audio)  March (review soon)
  15. Visible City; Tova Mirvis - 4.5/5 (eGalley) - March (review soon)
Favorite Book -
   April Plans - 

16 comments:

  1. Fifteen books in one month just blows me away! Well done--I have got to get a copy of that Elizabeth Gilbert book. I did like Eat, Pray, Love, and this sounds even better.

    Happy spring--happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jane, 15 books in one month is amazing! I'm glad you are enjoying so much of what you are reading/listening to, too. I just read a review of Frog Music yesterday, so I'm curious what you will think when you get to it. I'm curious about The Signature of All Things, too.

    Happy reading, Diane. I love your header, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Signature of All Things! It was my favorite book of last year, along with Helene Wecker's the Golem and the Jinni. I have Frog Music on my list this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! March was a great reading month for you, Diane! Many of your April books sound very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all lists that have The Signature of All Things described as a favourite!!

    I look forward to your thoughts on Frog Music. I loved Room, but I'm not sure this new one is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Signature of All Things is on my Kindle, waiting to be read....by this summer, I vow!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read The Signature of All Things, but you also have a bunch of other interesting titles I would like to check out. Sounds like a great month you had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great month! I really want that Elizabeth Gilbert book in my life!
    Happy April reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reading month! Let me check...I managed to finish 4 whole books in March :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to your thoughts on a couple of the April books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reading month for you. I just started The Bear on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a fabulous month! You're the second person in two days to tell that you loved the Gilbert book! I will have to make time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was the exact opposite to you. My reading month was terrible! I am hoping April will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to give The Signature of All Things a second chance. I have it on my Nano and started it yesterday while flying to Oregon, but couldn't get interested. Maybe I tried too soon after reading a thriller (Birdman by Mo Hayder).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read eight books, the Invention of Wings was my favorite. I put all your 4.5 and 5 books on my TBR list. you have not let me down! fifteen was a good month for you! I also recommend the movie Enough Said, very good...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts on Frog Music as I was mesmerized by Room. Interesting that you liked the Gilbert so much, I should probably read it in that case.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.