Monday, March 31, 2014

March ~ Month in Review

March was a good reading month for me, because I got to listen to several audiobooks at work this month. I managed to read (15) books:  (4) were kids books and (6) were audiobooks.  (YTD total is 34 books)

  1. Still Life with Bread Crumbs; Anna Quindlen - 3.5/5  (library) March
  2. The Signature of All Things; Elizabeth Gilbert - 4.5/5 (audio) March
  3. The Bear; Claire Cameron - 4/5 (audio) March 
  4. The Winter People; Jennifer McMahon - 3.5/5 (audio & eGalley) March 
  5. Nest; Jorey Hurley - 5/5 stars (library) March 
  6. Someday; Alison McGhee - 5/5 (personal copy) March
  7. All Our Names; Dinaw Mengestu - 4/5 (eGalley) March 
  8. Fear Nothing; Lisa Gardner 4.5/5 (audio)  (March)
  9. Coincidence; JW Ironmonger - 4/5 (arc) March
  10. The Apartment; Greg Baxter - 3.5/5 (eBook) March
  11. My Dad Thinks He's Funny; Katrina Germein - 4/5 (library) March 
  12. Have You Heard the Nesting Bird?; Gray and Pak - 5/5 (print - library) March 
  13. Standup Guy; Stuart Woods - 3.5/5 (audio-library) March
  14. The Road Home; Rose Tremain - 3.5/5 (audio)  March (review soon)
  15. Visible City; Tova Mirvis - 4.5/5 (eGalley) - March (review soon)
Favorite Book -
   April Plans - 


  1. Fifteen books in one month just blows me away! Well done--I have got to get a copy of that Elizabeth Gilbert book. I did like Eat, Pray, Love, and this sounds even better.

    Happy spring--happy reading.

  2. I agree with Jane, 15 books in one month is amazing! I'm glad you are enjoying so much of what you are reading/listening to, too. I just read a review of Frog Music yesterday, so I'm curious what you will think when you get to it. I'm curious about The Signature of All Things, too.

    Happy reading, Diane. I love your header, too :-)

  3. I LOVED Signature of All Things! It was my favorite book of last year, along with Helene Wecker's the Golem and the Jinni. I have Frog Music on my list this month too.

  4. Wow! March was a great reading month for you, Diane! Many of your April books sound very good.

  5. I love all lists that have The Signature of All Things described as a favourite!!

    I look forward to your thoughts on Frog Music. I loved Room, but I'm not sure this new one is for me.

  6. The Signature of All Things is on my Kindle, waiting to be this summer, I vow!
    Book Dilettante

  7. I want to read The Signature of All Things, but you also have a bunch of other interesting titles I would like to check out. Sounds like a great month you had!

  8. You had a great month! I really want that Elizabeth Gilbert book in my life!
    Happy April reading!

  9. Great reading month! Let me check...I managed to finish 4 whole books in March :)

  10. Looking forward to your thoughts on a couple of the April books!

  11. Great reading month for you. I just started The Bear on audio.

  12. You had a fabulous month! You're the second person in two days to tell that you loved the Gilbert book! I will have to make time for it.

  13. I was the exact opposite to you. My reading month was terrible! I am hoping April will be better!

  14. I'll have to give The Signature of All Things a second chance. I have it on my Nano and started it yesterday while flying to Oregon, but couldn't get interested. Maybe I tried too soon after reading a thriller (Birdman by Mo Hayder).

  15. I read eight books, the Invention of Wings was my favorite. I put all your 4.5 and 5 books on my TBR list. you have not let me down! fifteen was a good month for you! I also recommend the movie Enough Said, very good...

  16. I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts on Frog Music as I was mesmerized by Room. Interesting that you liked the Gilbert so much, I should probably read it in that case.


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)