Tuesday, December 29, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Like Family; Paolo Giordano


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where I share the first paragraph sometimes two from a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon.  Today's selection is that I started yesterday and am loving thus far. I also loved, The Solitude of Prime Numbers by this author.

Like Family; Paolo Giordano
Pamela Dorman Books
December - 2015

Mrs. A.

"On my thirty-fifth birthday, Mrs. A. abruptly gave up the determination that in my eyes characterized her more than any other quality and, already laid out in a bed that by then  seemed too big for her body, finally abandoned the world we all know."

What do you think -- keep reading or pass? 
(Feel free to join in this week by posting your intro below?



28 comments:

  1. I am definitely curious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sad opening. I have been wanting to read this one, and am glad you are enjoying it, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really good things about this one, but the intro didn't really grab me. I'd probably read a bit farther due to the buzz though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably the fact that it's translated from the Italian as to why it did not flow smoothly.

      Delete
  4. This has potential. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover. I think I'd have to read more to see if it grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay,it's translated from the Italian as to why it did not flow smoothly.

      Delete
  6. The writing style seems a bit choppy for my taste, but I'd read a bit more to be fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure about the intro, but the cover is lovely. Hope you got some new books for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The intro is interesting but I don't think this is my kind of book. Happy reading! Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exquisite writing!! I love that!! I'd absolutely keep reading. Thanks for sharing this author who is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm curious and want to know more. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I received this beautiful book earlier this month for my birthday and I plan to read it as soon as I get home at the end of the week. Thanks for sharing the intro. It appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that is an opening that makes you sit up and pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! I'll read more! I won a copy of this book on Bellezza's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.