Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where I share the first paragraph sometimes two from a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. I fan of the sitcom, King of Queens, co-starring Leah Remini, and curious about Scientology, I'm anxious to begin this book which has been getting RAVE reviews.
Trouble Maker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology; Leah Remini
Ballantine - November 2015
"Let me start with this:
I am an apostate.
I have lied. I have cheated. I have done things in my life that I am not proud of, including but not limited to:
- falling in love with a married man nineteen years ago
- being selfish and self-centered
- fighting with virtually everyone I've ever known (via hateful emails, texts, and spoken words)
- physically threatening people (from parking meter maids to parents who hit their kids in public)
- not showing up at funerals of people I've loved (because I don't deal well with death)
- being, on occasion, a horrible daughter, mother, sister, aunt stepmother, wife (this list goes on and on).
The same goes for every single person in my family:
- My husband, also a serial cheater, sold drugs when he was young.
- My mother was a self-admitted slut in her your days (we're talking the 1960's, before she got married).
- My dad sold cocaine (and committed various other crimes), and then served time at riders Island"
What do you think -- keep reading or pass?
(Feel free to join in this week by posting your intro below?