Tuesday, October 1, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Family Upstairs; Lisa Jewell


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from 
I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read.

The Family Upstairs; Lisa Jewell
Atria - 2019

PROLOGUE

"It would be inaccurate to say that my childhood was normal before they came.  It was far from normal, but it felt normal because it was all I'd known.  It's only now, with decades of hindsight, that I see how odd it was.

I was nearly eleven when they came, and my sister was nine.

They lived with us for more than five years and they turned everything very, very dark.  My sister and I had to learn how to survive.

And when I was sixteen, and my sister was fourteen, the baby came."

What do you think? Read more or pass?

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on this one! I always enjoy Lisa Jewell's books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good, I'd sure read some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued enough to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah. Gotta find out who "they" are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still intrgued by this opening. I wanted to know about the family upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious to know who they are and what happened. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it. My review is scheduled for Oct. 14, and I'm eager to hear what others thought about it--it is a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks good! I've read 2 Lisa Jewells and so far really liked both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got an e-ARC of this one just waiting for me on my Kindle app. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read I Found You by this author, for a reading group. I am about to read Then She Was Gone, for another reading group! By the time I finish it I will either be hooked or move on. She has a certain something I must admit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.