Tuesday, October 15, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros; The Reckless Oath We Made; Bryn Greenwood


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read. I loved this author's last book, All the Ugly and Wonderful Things.

The Reckless Oath We Made; Bryn Greenwood
G.P. Putnam and Sons - 2019

Chapter 1

Zee

"People talk about having an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other.  I had a pair of imaginary bill collectors, so no matter which way I turned, there was somebody to remind me I needed money.  That's how I ended up on the train at four o'clock in the morning with my nephew and a hundred pounds of weed."

 What do you think about this intro - read more or pass?

9 comments:

  1. I think I would keep reading. I'm a sucker for characters who are struggling and make decisions that never thought they would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intro is very visual and would keep me reading to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be reading this soon. I love the author and all her books are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to read at least a little more to see what's up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd continue reading based on the title alone. Hope you enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this author before. This book might change that though because the intro has me wanting to find out what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! This book's new to me. I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.