Tuesday, October 8, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The First Mistake; Sandie Jones


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read.

The First Mistake; Sandie Jones
Macmillan Audio - 2019

PROLOGUE

"She looked at me with real warmth in her eyes, as if she trusted me with her life, and for a moment I thought I wouldn't go through with it.

But then I remembered what she'd done and I suddenly felt calm again.  What comes around, and she deserves everything that's coming her way.

Trust is a funny thing; it takes such a long time to build, yet it's broken in a second.

She shouldn't trust me--it will be her undoing.

What do you think?  I'm almost done with this one; a  highly addictive, psychological thriller.

6 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.