Monday, September 8, 2008

137 - Through the Grinder; Cleo Coyle


Through the Grinder by Cleo Coyle is the second Coffeehouse Mystery featuring Clare Cosi. I read the first book a few years back, and decided to try the rest for some quick easy reads. I like the fact that are some great coffee recipes are featured in these books.

In a nutshell, in book #2 we find The Village Blend has started offering a singles night with speed-dating, and one after another, women who frequent the blend are committing suicide soon after having a cup of the Blend's famous brews. What's up with that? We also see that Clare is terrified at the thought that her twenty year old daughter Joy is thinking about online dating. So she decides to try it for herself, and ends up finding someone perfect for her.

I guess I feel disappointed after reading this quick cozy mystery. It is not the author's fault, but I've just read several wonderful pieces of literature, so this book just seemed to be silly. I do plan on reading the rest of the series as I have them on my shelf. I promise to remind myself this is "just for fun".

RATING - 3/5 - COMPLETED - 9/8/08

1 comment:

  1. I'm halfway through this one and enjoying it so far. It is an easy read but holds your attention.

    Robin of mytwoblessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.