Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Top 10 Book Picks for 2008

I can't believe the year is over. The last 2 years I read between (185-187 books). This year my goal was 200. I finished the year with 206, so I was very happy.

Wishing Everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year and, of course, Happy Reading!
Here are my Top Picks for the Year.

Top 10 (FICTION) of 2008
  1. Tomato Girl; Jane Pupek
  2. The Art of Racing in the Rain; Garth Stein (audio)
  3. Molokai; Alan Brennert
  4. Every Last Cuckoo; Kate Maloy
  5. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle; David Wroblewski
  6. Purple Hibiscus; Adichie (audio)
  7. Testimony; Shreve
  8. Skeletons at the Feast; Bohjalian
  9. Unaccustomed Earth; Lahari (audio)
  10. The Commoner; Schwartz (audio)
Top 10 (NON FICTION) of 2008
  1. Chosen By a Horse; Richards
  2. Alex and Me; Pepperberg (audio)
  3. The Last Lecture; Pausch
  4. The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid; Bryson (audio)
  5. Dreams of My Father; Obama
  6. Predictably Irrational; Arieley
  7. Forward From Here: Leaving Middle Age & other Adventures; Lindberg
  8. Do Dead People Watch You Shower; Bertoldi
  9. Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World; Myron
  10. The Numerati; Baker

4 comments:

  1. I want to read Molokai - will have to put that one on my list. I really enjoyed Dewey as well, but as much as I typically love Bill Bryson, Thunderbolt Kid just rubbed me the wrong way.

    206 books - wow! That's awesome! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to believe it's already 2009! Barely at this point (it's 1:25 am where I am), but still.

    I enjoyed reading through your lists of favorites. Moloka'i is definitely one of my all-time favorite novels. I am looking forward to reading several of the ones you listed among your top fiction books.

    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 206 books!? That's just nuts, book nuts, lol.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 206 BOOKS! Holy Crap, that's like a record or something. I can't even imagine reading that many books in a year. Totally jealous!

    Moloka'i is a great book. Read it for book club.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.