Books Listened to:
For years I was never a fan of short stories but, I have a new appreciation for them. It's nice to sit for a brief period and feel a sense of accomplishment in just a short period of time. In this collected of (10) stories The author touches on subjects that will resonate with most readers. From coming of age stories, stories about the importance of friendship or, a story about selfish parents, another about a stern grandfather longing to reach his comatose granddaughter through his voice or, any one of the remaining stories most left an impression. Each story made me think about just how very different people and families can be in different situations. Some stories made me smile, others made me mad or sad. Well done.
Our 2022 Book Group Reading List
Have you read any of these and if so what were your thoughts?
- January - In Five Years; Rebecca Serle (2021)
- February - Authenticity Project; Clare Pooley (2022)
- March - Invisible Life of Addie LaRue; Victoria Schwab (2020)
- April - Anxious People; Fredrick Backman (2020) - already read & enjoyed
- May - Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo; Taylor Jenkins Reid (2017)
- June - The Lost Apothecary; Sarah Penner (2021)
- July - A Long Petal of the Sea; Isabel Allende (2020)
- August - The Only Woman in the Room; Marie Benedict (2019)
- September - The Midnight Library; Matthew Haig (2020) - already read - okay read
- October - Dark Matter; Blake Crouch (2016)