Thursday, August 7, 2008

116 - Picture Perfect; Jodi Picoult


I have read every one of Jodi's books except MERCY. I enjoyed all of her books except this one and Songs of the Humpback Whale. Both of these were her earliest novels, and her writing and stories have come a long way over the years.

This book is confusing & disappointing. The central character, Cassie, is amnesic, yet she does remember some things. It is never clear how the amnesia occurred or how she comes to recover from it. I felt that there was far too much going on in the story: Hollywood life, Indian Mythology, anthropology and then add to that the domestic violence theme. The story goes back and forth between the present, the past, the memories, and leaves readers l(at least me) lost in the middle.

Rating 3/5 - Completed - 8/6/08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.