Sunday, August 10, 2008

117 - The Mistress's Daughter; A M Home

I enjoy reading memoirs so I though I would give this book a shot.

The audio version was PAINFUL (as in oh, my can I possibly listen to yet another disc) --the voice so dry and monotone with long pauses between words in some instances. The reader almost sounded like she was in a deep deep state of depression and could not go on a minute more. It took me 2 months to finish. I kept thinking it would get better but it never did. Fortunately, I did not pay good money for this so all I was out was for my wasted time.

In brief before A.M. Homes was born, she was put up for adoption. Her birth mother was a twenty-two- year-old single woman who was having an affair with a much older married man with children of his own. The Mistress's Daughter is the story of what happened when, thirty years later, her birth parents came looking for her. It's a sad look at adoption in my opinion.

Rating - 1/5 (just awful) - Completed - 8/8/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)