Tuesday, April 7, 2009

55 - Run for Your Life; James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge

In Run for Your Life , a calculating killer who calls himself The Teacher is responsible for a series of violent murders in New York City . There appears to be no common link between them either. Detective Mike Bennett, from Patterson's: Step on a Crack (a book which I disliked) is on the case once again. He is a recent widower with ten adopted children.

The Teacher, keeps moving from one seemingly random murder to another, and when he learns that Detective Bennett is after him, he even begins to start leaving clues in the form of messages. A game of cat and mouse, the story moves along very quickly, and does not require any major effort to follow the story. The audio version was fun to listen to, but as Patterson's stories go, this one was just average. I have decided that with so many great books out there now, Patterson will drop off my list of must-read authors in the future.

RATING - 3/5 - COMPLETED - 4/6/09

WHERE FROM: Library

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read a lot of Patterson's books, maybe a handful at best, but my kids are absolutely in love with his Maximum Ride series for YA readers. I think they have read all the books at least three times each! I think he is an interesting writer with and I like that he does both YA and adult literature, but I can't really say he's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I last read a Patterson book. I preferred his earlier books to the more recent ones, I admit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.