Thursday, April 30, 2009

64 - Heat; Stuart Woods


















Ex-DEA agent Jesse Warden has seen enough of the inside of a solitary confinement cell to last him a lifetime. Or two lifetimes, which is the sentence he's serving after being convicted of a plan he was planning to commit, but never did. So when an old buddy shows up with a deal that could spring him from his hell behind bars, he's ready to listen.

To gain his freedom, Jesse must infiltrate a dangerous and reclusive religious cult that has been stockpiling weapons and eliminating those sent to investigate.
From the moment he arrives in the Idaho mountain town where the cult is centered, Jesse finds every aspect of life dictated by the group's eerie, imposing leader.

The plot is clearly modeled on the Branch Davidian disaster, and while the reader was very good, the story was fairly blah and a bit predictable.
RATING - 2.5/5 - COMPLETED - 4/26/09
WHERE FROM: My Stacks

1 comment:

  1. I know I've read this one, because I've read all of his books, but I couldn't have told you what it was about at all. Very forgetable...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.