Saturday, June 20, 2009

92 - The Shop on Blossom Street; Debbie Macomber

The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, No. 1), is a first in the Blossom series, and also the first book I've ever read (in this case listen to) by this author (oops --just realized I read a Christmas book of hers one years). I chose this book because I wanted sometime relaxing to listen to before bed. This one hit the spot.

Read by Linda Emond who does a great job with the four characters in this story. Four very different characters become friends while taking a knitting class at (you guessed it) The Shop on Blossom Street. For Lydia, the shop's owner, a two-time cancer survivor, the shop represents a new beginning.

The first project is : how to knit a baby blanket. The participants in the class are struggling with various personal issues: cancer, divorce, miscarriage etc, and from each other they learn how to accept life's setbacks and find happiness in their lives once again.

I was happy I tried this book. A light read, nothing too depressing or heavy, this book turned out to be a good listen well into the wee hours of the morning on some nights.

RATING - 4/5 - COMPLETED - 6/20/09
Where From: My stacks


  1. I have one of the later books in the series sitting on my shelf to read--it'll be my first by the author. I'm really looking forward to reading it. Sometimes I desperately need something light, you know?

    I am glad you enjoyed the first book!

  2. I am glad you liked it - I really enjoyed reading that one last week.

  3. I just love this series. It's one of my favorites. I find now it's like visiting old friends. Very warm and inviting books I think. Glad you liked it.

  4. I really enjoyed this book as well. It's nice to have a light read every now and again.

  5. The cover of this book does indeed make me believe that this is a quiet and relaxed book. I am glad you enjoyed it!

  6. I have the novel sitting on my shelf at this very moment! I went on a big kick where I was reading the first book in a variety of series... so I grabbed this one and then forgot about it :( I'm glad you reminded me -- I'm going to check it out soon!

  7. This is one of my favorite "light" series. If you liked this one, might I recommend Robyn Carr? She reminds me of Macomber..only I think I like Robyn Carr a bit better.


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)