Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Reading Summary

Another month bites the dust and can you believe summer is more than half over?  I had a much better reading month in July that I had in May or June, and I LOVED most of what I read as well. I read (13) books and reviewed (11) so far. 
  1. Break the Skin; Lee Martin - 4/5 (review) 
  2. The Game of Secrets; Dawn Tripp - 5/5
  3. The Kitchen Daughter; Jael McHenry - 4.5/5 
  4. A Kind of Intimacy; Jenn Ashworth - 5/5 
  5. The American Heiress; Daisy Goodwin - 3.5/5 (audio) 
  6. Sister; Rosamund Lipton - 4.5/5 (review) 
  7. Book of Lies; Mary Horlock - 3.5/5 (eBook) 
  8. State of Wonder; Ann Patchett - 4.5/5 (review book)
  9. Bossypants; Tina Fey (audio/library) 4/5
  10. Dreams of Joy; Lisa See - (audio and arc) - 4.5/5
  11. The Curse of the Holy Pail; Sue Ann Jaffarian - 5/5 (eBook)
  • Mice; Gordon Reece (write Review)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Favorite  Fiction Book - A Kind of Intimacy; Jenn Ashworth - 5/5 
  • Favorite  Childrens Book - n/a
  • Favorite Audio Book - Dreams of Joy; Lisa See (4.5/5) 
  • New authors -   8/11- YTD - 51/75
  • Review Books - 7/11 -YTD - 33/75
  • 5 star books - 3/11 -   YTD - 20/75
  • 4 star books - 6/11-    YTD - 45/75
  • 3 star books - 2/11 -   YTD - 7/75
  • 2 star books - 0/11-    YTD - 2/75
~~~~~ Challenge Progress ~~~~~
  • 100+ Reading Challenge - 75/100
  • Reading From My Shelves Project - 36/50
  • Audio Book Challenge - 20/20 - COMPLETED
  • eBook Challenge - 7/20
  • Europa Challenge - 1/4
August Reading Plans
  • Maine; C Sullivan
  • Europa Challenge Books
  • Alice Bliss; Laura Harrington
  • Frenchman's Creek; D. Du Maurier
  • Save Me; Scottoline (audio - finish) 
How was your month for books?

14 comments:

  1. Did the Lisa See audio have a good narrator? i want to read this author but have not had time yet.... audio may be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a nice reading month. I have some of those in my TBR pile but I am excited that you have Frenchman's Creek coming up. I have yet to read Du Maurier but I know I need to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on eleven books! I must work out how many I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice reading for July. I've read only one from your list "A Kind of Intimacy" found it quirky but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I hope you have a similar month up ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did have a great July. My TBR list grew out of your reviewss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read (listen to?) Bossy Pants. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great month! Happy August reading!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a great month! You read almost double the amount of books I did. I hope to read Maine soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 13 books in one month! That's a lot! I am dying to read Ann Patchett's latest, and I have another Lisa See book sitting on my shelf. Too many good books, too little time!

    Hope you have just as good an August!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. 13 books - that's awesome! I only did nine in July and I was pleased. You got me beat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great month! Way to go! I finally got State of Wonder from the library yesterday. Can't wait to get started after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see you also had a great July month. I read 10, and we have State of Wonder in common. I read the Murakami one years ago, I love Murakami! Here is my wrap-up: http://wordsandpeace.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/july-2011-wrap-up/
    Emma @ Words And Peace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking at all those ratings and going wow! You sure had an amazing month! It's wonderful when you get to read a lot in a month and also end up loving most!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)