It's been quite a while since I've done a "Sunday Salon" post, but this morning felt like a good morning for babbling about life and books.
So many good things have happened this month for our family, that it's almost scary. Although I'm a positive person, sometimes I can't help but think, how much longer before something (not so good happens)?
Do you ever think like that?
As some of you know April brought a first grandchild into my life -- last Sunday, this little sweetie made her appearance. She is just perfect, and my heart is so happy. Mom and Dad can't believe the way their little miracle has made them feel.
Then last week, my son and his wife who will be married (4) years soon, learned that their offer on their 1st house, a house they fell in love with in the woods on 6+ acres of land was accepted. Hopefully the home inspection will not turn up any serious problems and that they will be able to move in by the end of June......we are so excited for them. They wanted to live some place where their only immediate neighbors would be wildlife. (I've had that dream at times as well) LOL We're taking a ride to checkout the area today.
We also learned that my husband's son from NYC, a screenwriter, spent the week in Hollywood with his agent in negotiations for a movie and a sitcom based on some of his work. Fingers crossed that things go well.
So this is why I'm feeling a bit apprehensive.
Books Read in April:
- Lots of Candles Plenty of Cake; Anna Quindlen (5/5) - (memoir - eBook)
- Defending Jacob; William Landay - 4.5/5 (audio and eBook)
- Calico Joe; John Grisham - 4/5 (ARC)
- The Underside of Joy; Sere Prince Halverson 4.5/5 - (eBook)
- Woolbur; Leslie Helakowski - 4.5/5 (kids - library )
- Odd Bird Out; Helga Bansch - 4/5 (kids-library)
- The Busy Beaver; Nicholas Oldland - 5/5 (kids-library)
- The Good Father; Noah Hawley 3.5/5 (ebook and audio)
- An Uncommon Education; Elizabeth Percer - 3/5 (arc)
- Red Ruby Heart in a Cold Blue Sea; Morgan Callan Rogers - 4/5 (eGalley)
- The Book of Jonas; Stephen Dau - 4/5 (audio download)
Bringing Up Bebe; Pamela Druckerman (audio)
The Lola Quartet; Emily Mandel St John
Hope you all had a great April in books.