Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Salon - April 29th -


It's been quite a while since I've done a "Sunday Salon" post, but this morning felt like a good morning for babbling about life and books.


So many good things have happened this month for our family, that it's almost scary. Although I'm a positive person, sometimes I can't help but think, how much longer before something (not so good happens)?
 Do you ever think like that?

As some of you know April brought a first grandchild into my life -- last Sunday, this little sweetie made her appearance. She is just perfect, and my heart is so happy. Mom and Dad can't believe the way their little miracle has made them feel.


Then last week, my son and his wife who will be married (4) years soon, learned that their offer on their 1st house, a house they fell in love with in the woods on 6+ acres of land  was accepted.  Hopefully the home inspection will not turn up any serious problems and that they will be able to move in by the end of June......we are so excited for them. They wanted to live some place where their only immediate neighbors would be wildlife. (I've had that dream at times as well) LOL  We're taking a ride to checkout the area today.


We also learned that my husband's son from NYC, a screenwriter, spent the week in Hollywood with his agent in negotiations for a movie and a sitcom based on some of his work. Fingers crossed that things go well.

So this is why I'm feeling a bit apprehensive.


Books Read in April:
  1. Lots of Candles Plenty of Cake; Anna Quindlen (5/5) - (memoir - eBook)
  2. Defending Jacob; William Landay - 4.5/5 (audio and eBook) 
  3. Calico Joe; John Grisham - 4/5 (ARC)
  4. The Underside of Joy; Sere Prince Halverson  4.5/5 - (eBook) 
  5. Woolbur; Leslie Helakowski - 4.5/5 (kids - library )
  6. Odd Bird Out; Helga Bansch - 4/5 (kids-library)
  7. The Busy Beaver; Nicholas Oldland - 5/5 (kids-library)
  8. The Good Father; Noah Hawley 3.5/5 (ebook and audio)
  9. An Uncommon Education; Elizabeth Percer - 3/5 (arc)
  10. Red Ruby Heart in a Cold Blue Sea; Morgan Callan Rogers - 4/5 (eGalley)
  11. The Book of Jonas; Stephen Dau - 4/5 (audio download) 
Books in Progress:

Bringing Up Bebe; Pamela Druckerman (audio)
The Lola Quartet; Emily Mandel St John

YTD: 47/125(goal)


Hope you all had a great April in books.
Happy Sunday!

35 comments:

  1. Good things come in threes; may you have at least another set of threes. Congrats on all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 2012 is going to be your year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embrace the good times and don't worry about what may come, Diane. So many wonderful things happening to you and your loved ones. Best wishes for the home inspection and the Hollywood possibilities! Enjoy that adorable baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic month you've had! A baby, a new house, and a possible movie? That's so wonderful, long may the good stuff continue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! I get nervous too when so many good things happen at once! I know I shouldn't, I just open up and accept them, just because the universe is showering me. So I hope you relax into this good fortune and that everything turns out well for everyone. It is all exciting, what is happening for your family - and congratulations on being a grandmother!! Very adorable baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the caption for this picture of your granddaughter should be "The Thinker." Doesn't she look like she's pondering deep questions? I have my fingers crossed about the house and the movie. What a good year this is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Everyone's loving all those books you're reading. I really want to read Red Ruby Heart soon! I hope everything works out for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lot of good things are going on in your life at the moment :)
    I'm going to become an Auntie at the beginning of November, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I know what you mean about wondering when the good things will stop...but you just can't think like that. Embrace the good...

    Beautiful baby, and I hope the house deal goes through. The road to it looks awesome!

    And good luck on the screenplay, too.

    Enjoy your week.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic month you have had! Stella is so precious. A house with immediate neighbors of only wildlife would be my dream come true. Fingers crossed for the house and the screen writing contract.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing time for your family! Congratulations on the grandchild! I hope the good times continue for a very long time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is being a grandparent simply not THE BEST! What a gorgeous baby, and I'm so very happy for you and your children! What a great year you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like things are going really well for you and your family at the moment. I hope May is equally as good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! The baby is beautiful!

    My Sunday Salon is here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, what an exciting time for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many good things are happening for you family. How exciting!

    I'm curious to read your thoughts on Lola... I finished it but haven't written my review yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great month! Hoping May is just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooooooo happy for you!! Congratulations on your first and PRECIOUS grandchild!! That is beyond exciting!

    The home in the woods has to be amazing with a view like that and keeping my fingers crossed for the sitcom! How cool!!

    Just relax and ENJOY!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Diane!! Your new grandbaby is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. April has been a good month for you and yours, especially with that sweetheart ♥ of a granddaughter. She is totally precious. Hope May is just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, wow! Lots of great things happening, and I can see why you are waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. It's been a tough year for us so far, so I am looking forward to some better months ahead. I am glad that you and the family are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it's hard to not feel just the tiniest bit apprehensive when things are going so good. It's totally normal. However, I think everything is going to continue to work out for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know what you mean when so much good happens … but you've had your fair share of hard times and sadness so I think you deserve all the happiness and good things coming your way. How wonderful for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All good things will happen to them...I firmly believe in that. I'm sending my youngest out to your husband's son's house! He wants to be an actor!! LOL!!

    Love that so many wonderful things are occurring in your life and in the lives of those you love!!

    Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on all the good things this month! I think it's karma and you are deserving of it but I know what you mean about being apprehensive. Sometimes I feel that way too. Best of luck with the house and Hollywood and enjoy that precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on that grand-baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lots of fabulous news there! Congratulations all around!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Shoot, I meant to comment on this the other day and got sidetracked. I'm happy for you that things are going so well. I hope it continues. Your gandaughter is just so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations, Grandma! She looks like a little doll, Diane; just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on the new grandaughter! She is gorgeous!

    Also congrats on your son's new house (fingers crossed) and you stepson's Hollywood adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am coming to this very late (out of home for a couple of days) but I do hope your son's offer on the house is done and dusted and that the film writer job works out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. There can never be too much good. Drink it all in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, so much good fortune all at once. Enjoy and don't entertain the thought that anything bad is coming to replace it. Enjoy and live in the moment of all of the good things happening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.