Friday, June 8, 2012

Fitness Friday and The Joy Fit Club: Cookbook, Diet Plan and Inspiration; Joy Bauer MS, RD


Last Friday, I decided to try to be better about watching what I eat, and trying to move more.  I was much better watching what I ate, than I was about exercising, but I still managed to lose (4) pounds. That first week is always easy for me, but I'm hoping the loss will motivate me to continue in the right direction. 

I got a chance to review this wonderful book through the Amazon Vine program last week.  I think the stories and recipes inspired me as well.  Have you read this book?



Author:  Joy Bauer, MS, RD
Publication Year: 2012
Publisher: Wiley
Edition: Hardcover
Source: Amazon Vine
Date Completed: 6/7/2012 
Rating: 5/5
Recommend: yes

What a fantastic book for anyone who has struggled to lose weight.  What I loved about this book is the fact that it isn't another "diet book".  More than anything else, I found this to be inspirational -- leaving me with the feeling you can do this.  It's about learning to live healthy and to change the way you think about yourself and about food.

One thing that is obvious is that there is not one weight-loss plan out there that will work for everyone.  We all have different triggers and reasons why we overeat, and other reasons why some of us have been unsuccessful with keeping the weight off that we worked so hard to lose.

Truly inspiring in the book were the (30) very personal stories of men and women who have lost 100, 200, and even 300 pounds.  You'll learn what they ate before -- the "triggers" and what they ate while they were losing weight and how they keep the weight off.  They share what in particular inspired them to get off the couch and start moving, and how some had never exercised at all.  Each person has also included a few of their favorite recipes and some even shared their new love of their kitchen and meal planning.

All of the stories were amazing. This is a 288 page book that most everyone who is serious about getting healthy and losing weight will read and not be able to put down until they have finished it.

This book is not like other weight-loss book; it is a keeper. Highly Recommended!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your success, Diane. This book sounds helpful. I've seen Joy Bauer on the Today show. I'll look for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, this does sound interesting and inspiring! Congrats on your success so far! The important thing is to feel healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to pick this one up. I'm always looking for more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. four pounds! That's fantastic. What did I write last week... the success of the first few weeks feeds the motivation (something like that).

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can always use inspiration by real people who've managed to pull off sustained weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks really great so I think that I will try to track a copy down for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing as how I'm inching toward pregnancy weight I need a little inspiration right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great book and woohoo on the weight loss!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.