Tuesday, March 12, 2013

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (2) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon.  Care to join us? Feel free to grab the image and link your post below.

This week I'm featuring an intro from a book I hope to start sometime this week


(Harper Collins January-2013)


 (Prologue)

"Eugene Doyle Born 19 June 1972. Died 17 December 2010, aged thirty-eight.

Isabel Ann MacDonald. Born 24 May 1974. Died 18 December 2010, aged thirty-six.

Today is Christmas Eve. Today is my birthday. Today I am fifteen. Today I buried my parents in the backyard.

Neither of them were beloved."


What do you think? Would you keep reading or move on to something else? Want to join in?
Please feel free to link below:



15 comments:

  1. It sounds like an intriguing story. Thanks Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to read this one...sounds creepy and oh, so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing Diane! This is my first time participating in Tuesday Intros!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely read this. Just up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would and I did...lol; I enjoyed this one, Diane...it's quite unique. Hope you like it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A definite read, Diane. I remember seeing this one recently and thought it was perfect for me. Enjoy!

    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/03/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This paragraph is chilling, I would definitely read on.

    I came across the idea for 'First Chapter Tuesday' on your blog. It's an interesting idea, so I am going to join in too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That opening sure makes me want to read more. Very chilling, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful book. I hope you get round to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got this one for my birthday, and was so pleased! Now I need to figure out when I am going to have the time to read it. I think I will have to stop watching TV altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The intro was enough to suck me in when I read this one! I hope you like it as much as I did, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to read this one since Laurel's review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does get the curiosity stirring a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I would. I want to read this one. I think I might be one of the few who don't have this book already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.