Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (2) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon.  Care to join us? Feel free to grab the image and link your post below.

This week I'm featuring an intro from a book that has been on my shelf for a while, and is also on my 2013 Bucket List.




(1997 - Avon Books)
"I do not love mankind.
People think they're interesting.  That's their first mistake.

Every retiree you meet wants to supply you with his life story.

An example, thirty-five years ago a woman came into the library. She had just heard about oral histories and wanted to string one together for herself."

What do you think? Would you keep reading or move on to something else? Want to join in?
Please feel free share an intro from a book and link below:

16 comments:

  1. I'd keep reading. Since I'm a joyfully retired person I like reading about other retirees and, believe it or not, I've enjoyed most of the "life stories" I've heard and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you keep on reading - I did and liked it, but it does have a disturbing edge to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I detect an attitude... I'd keep going, at least for a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious...really intrigued by this narrator. I want to know more about that character, so yes, I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like some good stories from the librarian...read on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the intro, Diane. The characters sound interesting. A definite read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curious to know why it's on your bucket list. Yes, the character sounds kind of snarky so it should be fun. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely read on! It caught my interest right away and I had to look it up on your link! It's going on my wishlist, I had not heard of this book

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would read a little more, and then decide!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might give it a few more pages, then decide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not certain about the opening, but this book has been on my radar for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That opening does make me want to keep reading! I actually think I'm going to put it on my TBR list right now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard so many good things about this book, and I would love to read it. I am pretty sure that I have it here, and I am pretty sure that if you do read it, you will love it. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm...the narrator sounds rather jaded. In all honesty, the opening doesn't thrill me, but I like the cover and I'm pretty certain I'd keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm very curious about this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.