Thursday, April 30, 2015

Coming Soon to a Bookstore Near You - Our Souls at Night; Kent Haruf


Here's a book I am looking forward to reading, by an author I've enjoyed in the past. The book releases the end of May, and every review I've read has been 5 stars!

Our Souls at Night; Kent Haruf
Knopf - May 2015

(Description)

A spare yet eloquent, bittersweet yet inspiring story of a man and a woman who, in advanced age, come together to wrestle with the events of their lives and their hopes for the imminent future. 

In the familiar setting of Holt, Colorado, home to all of Kent Haruf’s inimitable fiction, Addie Moore pays an unexpected visit to a neighbor, Louis Waters. Her husband died years ago, as did his wife, and in such a small town they naturally have known of each other for decades; in fact, Addie was quite fond of Louis’s wife. His daughter lives hours away in Colorado Springs, her son even farther away in Grand Junction, and Addie and Louis have long been living alone in houses now empty of family, the nights so terribly lonely, especially with no one to talk with.

Their brave adventures—their pleasures and their difficulties—are hugely involving and truly resonant, making Our Souls at Night the perfect final installment to this beloved writer’s enduring contribution to American literature.

7 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of his books and very sad that this is the last. Really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! I shared this news yesterday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! I shared this news yesterday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with this author. The book sounds very promising. I hope you will enjoy it, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great review, thanks Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed many of his books, and will miss his writing. I'm definitely planning on picking this one up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.