Friday, October 10, 2008

160 - Ghosts Among Us; James Van Praagh

I have never watched the author's show "The Ghost Whisper", but I recall enjoying his earlier book: "Talking To Heaven", when it came out in 1997.
I waited several months to get this book from the library, as the holds list was rather lengthy, but finally it got to read it.

There were parts of this book that I really really loved, and parts that I was uninterested in, such as when the author talks about other galaxies etc. Parts of this book were very comforting. What I found so interesting was the descriptions of the types of ghosts, spirits and angels that walk among us and how to recognize and protect ourselves from those ghosts who do not have our best interests in mind. He spends time teaching us the practice of meditation and offers several meditations we can use to protect us and keep us safe.

There was a section when Van Praagh talks about how spirits try to let us know they are close by, and things to look for. I have had a few experiences when I felt that my parents, who died over 20 years ago were right in the house with me. One incident was on All Souls Day, a portrait of my parents that had hung on the wall for several years, just fell off the wall for no reason ( I was in another room, and no one else was around or home at the time). Other incidents of the television going on and off for no reason. These incidents did not scare me, but made me feel comforted.

In summary, this book was enjoyable, however, there was nothing scientific to substantiate some of what the author stated. I want to believe some of what he says is true, but only time will tell.

RATING - 4/5 - COMPLETED - 10/9/08

1 comment:

  1. I felt much the same way about this book, Diane. I want to believe but I'm not sure this guy is the one to make me believe, if you know what I mean. I much prefer Allison DuBois.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.