Friday, October 17, 2008

166 - Exit Wounds; J.A. Jance

Exit Wounds, by J.A. Jance, is my second Joanna Brady mystery. This review is based on the audio version. The reader, Debra Monk, was a little annoying. Everything she said was pretty monotone, and as a result this book took me over a week to finish.

This story started off really well, and caught my interest immediately. Carol Mossman, a loner, is found shot to death in her mobile home. Carol's seventeen dogs, were trapped inside her mobile home, and all except a puppy are found dead from the Arizona heat.

What follows after this was several subplots: Joanna's unexpected pregnancy, every minute detail about her home life and her job, and another subplot about illegal immigrants. None of these subplots were needed, in my opinion, as I felt it just made the plot drag, until we find out what really happened to Carol Mossman.

This was my second Joanna Brady, Jance novel in the past month, and at least for now, I plan to pass on this author.

RATING - 2/5 - COMPLETED - 10/16/08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.