Tuesday, February 24, 2009

32 - The Ghost in Love; Jonathan Carroll













The Ghost in Love by Jonathan Carroll, was recommended to me by a friend from my book group. This author is new to me, and since I was looking for a good audio book, I decided to give this one a try.

In this story we meet Ben Gould, a man who is fated to die but doesn’t. One day he slips in the snow, and hits his head on the curb. He was supposed to die but he doesn't. Ling is a ghost who was sent to tie up the loose ends in his life, but when he learns that Ben is not dead, the story turns a bit too weird for me. A ghost that cooks gourmet foods, Pilot the talking dog who can communicate with the ghost, angels, a stalker who looks like a homeless man. The story was a bit too over the top for me.

In then end when I tried to sort it all out, I would have to say that this is a story about a man trying to reconcile his life. The reader was great and the story very imaginative, so I did not feel this was a total waste. The book was just not the type of story I would normally read, or would care to read in the future.

RATING - 3/5 - COMPLETED - 2/23/09
WHERE FROM: Library

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you picked up Jonathan Carroll. You probably should have read his earlier work instead. I personally love this author but I see why you may seem not very crazy about his writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.