Tuesday, November 16, 2021

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Wish You Were Here; Jodi Picoult

Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book ReviewsEach week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book we are reading or plan to read soon. 

 Wish You Were Here; Jodi Picoult
Ballantine Books - November/2021

One

March 13, 2020

When I was six years old, I painted a corner of the sky.  My father was working as a conservator, one of a handful restoring the zodiac ceiling on the main hall of Grand Central Terminal --an aqua sky strung with shimmering constellations.  It was late, way past my bedtime, but my father took me to work because my mother--as usual--was not home.

I started this one yesterday and I am finding it hard to put down.  Hope you enjoy the intro. The book releases in (2) weeks on November 30th.

17 comments:

  1. I have this one on my list! I can't wait to dig into it. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I want to know more about the restoration of the zodiac ceiling and the family relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm anxious to get my hands on this book! I love almost everything Picoult has written and this is at the top of my wish list. I hope it continues to entertain you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much and hope to finish it tomorrow - an easy read, not a lot of characters really and the audio is awesome.

      Delete
  4. I have an ARC of this novel and am eager to read it. It sounds really good and it's good to know you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story is so good but, I'm recommending that readers go in blind on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually enjoy this author so I'd keep reading. It sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way the intro reveals so much in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that as well Sam. Some authors can ramble on and still the reader fails to get a coherent image yet, the one tells so much with so little.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.