As a Baby Boomer, just a tad beyond middle age, I find myself reading more about health, nutrition, exercise etc. I thought Living Agelessly, by Linda Altoonian might be a good choice that would cover these areas of interest, and also a good book for my Spiritually Speaking Challenge.
This book is divided into 3 parts:
PART 1: RECIPE FOR HEALTH AND FITNESS
1. Aging Gracefully: The Power of the Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
2. Food as Potent Medicine: Nutrition for a Zestful Life
3. Spice Up Your Diet: Antioxidants for an Anti-aging Lifestyle
4. Move That Body: The Best Prescription for Healthy Aging
PART II: GET READY FOR A FABULOUS RETIREMENT
5. Hitting the Road: See the World Without Breaking the Bank
6. Pay Back: The Amazing Rewards and Opportunities of Volunteering
7. Grandparenting: The Best of All Possible Worlds
PART III: TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE
8. Age-proofing Your Home: Create a Safe Environment
9. Safety on the Road: To Drive or Not to Drive?
10. Avoiding Scams and Fraud: Refuse to be a Victim
11. Taking Control: Safety Away fro Home
12. Depression, Fear and Grief: Conquering the Challenges of Aging
13. Gratitude: Honoring Those We Love
A few interesting facts for me were:
· Baby Boomers and their parents are 81 million strong
· Every year 4 million Baby Boomers turn 50.
Even though at my age I could only relate to Part I of this book, I thought there was some great information in this book for anyone between the ages of 50 and 80. The book also includes a extensive resource guide which has something some everyone in this age group.
RATING - 4/5 - COMPLETED - 3/8/09
WHERE FROM: Library