Sunday, April 4, 2010

48 - How To Never Look Fat Again: Over 1,000 Ways to Dress Thinner --WITHOUT DIETING!; Charla Krupp



















I really enjoyed Charla Krupp's 2009 book a lot: How Not To Look Old , so when I read she had a new book out, I was curious.  Okay, the title caught my eye, but seriously, "what woman does not was to look thinner, WITHOUT DIETING", I ask?  How To Never Look Fat Again is fantastic! 

Did you ever put on a piece of clothing and asked "Does this make me look fat"?  The truth is, if you thought it or, if you had to ask that question, you really already knew the answer --didn't you?  Do you want to learn how to de-fat your closet? Do you realize that there are a variety of different jean types based on your body type? Is your hair style making you look heavier?  These are just a very few of the helpful fashion-thin features in this book.

Beautifully illustrated with women of all shapes and sizes, readers will learn the (100) MOST fattening things you can wear. Winter and summer styles, casual and formal style, career and play styles: swimsuits and work out clothes --everything is covered in this fashion help book.  You will learn the right colors, styles, fabrics to make you look 10+lbs thinner without even dieting. What items and products NOT to waste your money on. But there is more, it is divided into trouble spots, you will learn about;

  • The BEST hair styles for a full face and / or a thick neck.  
  • How to dress for broad shoulders
  • Arm flap or bat wing trouble spots? No problem
  • Big Bust issues
  • Muffin Top minimizers
  • Back fat or Buddha Belly
  • Wide hips or thighs
  • Heavy calves or wide feet and ankles 
I really thought this book was terrific and it actually did help me to "de-fat" my closet and pack a huge bag for the Salvation Army. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (5/5 stars) - Library Book

19 comments:

  1. I have been de-cluttering my clothes and keeping only my favorite things to wear. Hopefully I have made the right choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love books like this. I have a book titled What not to wear based on a BBC show of the same name. I am going to put this on on top of my wish list. Will that make my wish list look fat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your zippy review! Sounds like a great book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! I usually get bits and pieces of such information from the magazines (I'm nuts about reading them) and having them all in one place is cool. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... I'm off to my library website now. And while I'm at it, will look for How Not To Look Old, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I've entered a few giveaway contests for this book. I saw it in a store recently and if I don't win it, I'll buy it. Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is on my TBR list -- glad it is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's something every woman should check out! Let me see if I can get a copy of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far I have always avoided such books because they tend to exhaust me but you have convinced me to think about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book definitely has lots of great tips. My only problem was that some of them did not take into account age variations. Great ideas for 30-somethings, not always practical for the nearing-50 crowd.

    Still, I did get some good ideas that I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi just found your blog :) and now I'm a new follower
    I look forward to stopping by often. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this book would be great! I often feel myself asking the "Does this make me look fat" question, and think that if this book would help me make better wardrobe choices, it's just the book I've been looking for! Great review! Have to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your review will be the cause of women stampeding to the bookstore or library!!!!!!!!!! I'm off to see if mine has this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually reserved both of these books last week. How to not look old came in first, and I expect to skim over read-athon weekend. I am looking forward to How to not look fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I need to get my hands on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read How Not to Look Old and loved it, so I can image this one being a fantastic read, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to have to check this out ... I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.