Friday, April 30, 2010

April Reading Wrap Up

Where did April go?  


How was your month in books?  I read (4) fewer books in April, but I was still happy with my reading overall. 
April Reading in Review

  1. The Language of Secrets; Dianne Dixon - 2/5 
  2. Read, Remember, Recommend: A Reading Journal for Book Lovers; Knight - 4/5 
  3. How To Never Look Fat Again; Krupp - 5/5 
  4. The Long Song; Andrea Levy - 4/5 
  5. Lost; Alice Lichtenstein - 3/5 
  6. The Forty Rules of Love; E. Shafak - 4.5/5 (audio)
  7. The Season of Second Chances; Diane Meier - 4.5/5 
  8. Bloodroot; Amy Greene - (audio) 4/5 
  9. Winging It; Jenny Gardiner - 4/5 
  10. The Lake Shore Limited; Sue Miller - 3.5/5 
  11. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks; Rebecca Skloot - 4.5/5 
  12. Caught; Harlan Coben - 4/5 (audio) 
April  Totals
  • (12 books) - (4) non fiction (3) audio) (8) fiction (7 review books)
  • Favorite Books of the Month:  - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks; Skloot and The Forty Rules of Love; Shafak
  • YTD - (57 Books) 
2010 Challenge Progress
I unburdened myself of (5) reading challenges as I promised myself in January I'd only join (10) and that number crept up to (15) somehow. I now feel much better. 
  1. 2010 100+ Reading Challenge - 57/100
  2. 2010 Reading From My Shelves Project - 39/75
  3. 2010 ARC Reading Challenge - 35/24 - Completed
  4. 2010 Pub Challenge - 16/10 - Completed
  5. 2010 New Authors Challenge - 34/50
  6. 2010 Support Your Local Library - 16/50
  7. 2010 Audio Book Challenge - 10/20
  8. 2010 Thriller/Suspense Challenge - 3/12
  9. 2010 Chunkster Challenge - 2/6
  10. 2010 Booker Challenge - 0/6
  11. 2010 Gothic Novel Challenge - 2/5
  12. 2010 What an Animal Challenge - 3/6
  13. Reagan Arthur Reading Challenge - 0/?
  14. 2010 Books To Read Before I Die Challenge - 2/20
  15. 2010 New York Challenge - 1/1 - Completed
 April Book Purchases
 
  1. Apr - 2010    The Girls; Lori Lansens                      $ 4.00
  2. Apr - 2010    Isabel's Daughter; Hendricks              $ 4.24
  3. Apr - 2010    Rooftops of Tehran;  Seraji                 $ 6.00
  4. Apr - 2010    Rush Home Road; Lori Lansens         $ 5.60

23 comments:

  1. Way to go finishing three challenges all ready! It looks like April was a great month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for what you think on Rooftops of Tehran

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great month you've had! Probably difficult to let the challenges go but good for you!! I will put The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG !!!! My April wrap up is sad..hope to do better in May. Also stopping by to say hi now that I am finally on the right road to recovery.
    Cheryl "Mash"

    ReplyDelete
  5. My reading slowed down a bit in April, too. I can't believe one third of the year has gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good month!!!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/april-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the "time flies" picture!
    April was a great reading month for you, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Where did April go?" were my exact sentiments this morning. Where indeed?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cutting back, huh? Wow, you are doing great! Why is it that time speeds up more when we get older. Even when we get really old -- and are sitting in front of the t.v., doing less. I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. April wasn't too bad for me. I have a books completed in 2010 document that I'm keeping, and in April, I read fourteen books. I was surprised.

    Congratulations on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good month! Been reading your review of A Long Song - I gave up on that this month - for some reason I couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, was April shorter than usual this year? How could tomorrow possibly be May 1??

    I don't have my book journal here with me right now, but I think I only read 6 books this month. I think 12 is great! Looks like some good ones, too.

    I've never signed up for a challenge - they sound like fun but I just don't need more pressure from any source!

    Hope you have a good May!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I would say you had a successful month. I thought I read just one book this month until I remembered I DID go on vacation a few weeks ago (read two while on vacation).

    Thanks for mentioning your April favorite - I really appreciate this, did you 'really' like bloodroot? I have been thinking about listening to this one but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe it's that time of the month again!!! I think you had a great April. Isn't it funny how being able to cross a few things off of a list make us feel better!!???

    ReplyDelete
  15. My April book month was horrible. Between school and personal issues, reading took a back seat. I am hoping to make up for it in May. Already I have four books lined up calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got a lot of reading in. I'm in the mood for a Harlan Coben, maybe I will try Caught

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you do it? I loved reading your lists and how accomplished your monthly reading achievements are! So persuing your april reads, I was inspired to run right over and put Read,Recommend, Remember on my Amazon wish list. Wonderful! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great month! And I don't blame you for getting rid of some challenges, it can stress a person out! Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You had a great month! I'll be unburdening myself of a few challenges too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mari..I did enjoy Bloodroot, but I recommend the print version not the audio version.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on finishing those challenges! I think you had a great reading month in April. I managed to finish 4 books and I think that's my monthly average for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you did quite a bit in April! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that you are keeping track of money spent on books. That would scare me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.