Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday on Tuesday - Neighborhood Watch; Cammie McGovern

 OMG -- See what working has done to me; I thought it was Wednesday today...LOL Actually I meant to schedule this for a Wednesday post.


  Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.  What book are you waiting for to be released?

My pick is:
 Neighborhood Watch; Cammie McGovern
(Viking - June 10, 2010)

A riveting and frightening tale of false accusation from the author of Eye Contact.

Twelve years ago librarian Betsy Treading was convicted of murdering her neighbor, the bohemian loner Linda Sue. After DNA testing finally exonerates Betsy, she returns to her suburban community determined to salvage her life and find the true killer. As she begins to pick apart the web of secrets, lies, and love affairs uncovered in the wake of her trial, Betsy suspects that her tight-lipped neighbors may know something that she has denied even to herself.

In Neighborhood Watch, Cammie McGovern captures the nail-biting electricity of the best literary thrillers and zeros in on the subterranean tension abuzz in a town whose dark secrets threaten to obliterate the glossy façade of a perfect life. It is also the story of a woman coming into her own, finding her strength, and taking control of her life. It asks readers, what sort of price would you pay for the sake of your reputation? Intricately woven, psychologically astute, and filled with complex and surprising characters, Neighborhood Watch marks a significant step in the career of this talented author.

18 comments:

  1. It took me sometime to notice some one peeking in that cover LOL!>

    This one sounds thrilling.. And i hop u get to read it and then tell us how it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like something I would love to read. Thanks for posting about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...you just wanted to be the first WoW post of the week! :)

    I love this cover, and the description hooked me. Going on the list...

    Stop by and leave your link tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fascinating and that cover is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me thinking it was Wednesday, too, for a moment!

    This one sounds like it's worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is not my usual type if read, but your description of it does intrigue me. I will have to keep my eyes open for this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so liking the sounds of this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for "reminding" me about this one. I knew she was coming out with something new, but forgot the title :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love books that expose the "dark side" of suburban life! And the cover is fantastic.

    My WoW pick is here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm already biting my nails at the thought of this one! Wrongly accused people, secrets...everything I love in a book.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Literary thriller is something I like but don't read enough of and this one sounds like a book worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sound very exciting. Love stories that could be real and have a chiller side to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.