Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - I Hadn't Understood; Diego de Silva


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating! Want to participate? Post your own WOW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. Here's my pick (I think it sounds awesome):


I Hadn't Understood; Diego de Silva
Europa Editions - February 28, 2012

(description)

Malinconico is a Neapolitan lawyer without a single case. He goes through the motions every day, leaving for the office punctually, shuffling papers when he gets to the studio he shares with a group of un-gainfully employed professionals like him. His personal life is a shambles: his wife has left him, his two teenage children are rife with adolescent angst and busy screwing their lives up royally. And his professional life, as noted, is nonexistent.

But one day a miracle occurs. Indeed, two! The first is that he is assigned a case. And not any old case! He has been named the defense attorney for a member of the Neapolitan underground, Mimmo the Burzone. The second miracle bears the name Alessandra Persiana-the most beautiful woman to ever grace the Neapolitan courthouses -who, it appears, has fallen in love with Malinconico.

However, the real miracle for readers in this rollicking novel is the hilarious and eccentric voice of Vincenzio Malinconico. The novel orbits around the bizarre and irresistible mind of Malinconico, a mind that pauses to contemplate every aspect of the life he sees before him, the life he has lived, his memories and his future; a voice that seduces, entertains, and moves the reader from the first page to the last.

20 comments:

  1. It took me 5 minutes to read the names. LOL

    Not sure I could read this one as I think I would be repeating the names over and over in my head - Mimmo the Burzone? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo good. But then, I love just about everything that comes from Europa Editions. Now I'm waiting on this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one does sound good. I do enjoy a unique voice, especially if there's a lot of internal monologue.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting!! I hope you like it!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    Zompacolypse is coming... Zompacolypse is here! Are you infected?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't normally read lawyer books, but the international aspect might be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun book, and I am encouraged by the fact that it's sort of comedic. I will have to remember this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover, love the title, love the description...a win for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound good -- Europas are pretty much always a sure thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly not the same-old-same-old book. I like to find something different and this sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick, I could use a funny book to read about right now..happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of this title or the author....will you be getting a copy of this one anytime soon? This doesn't sound like one I would normally read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is a nealopolitan lawyer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some reason this novel sort of reminds me of The Verdict (which I adored). Thanks for spotlighting this book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Staci, I am hoping to buy this one when it's released.

    Esme, I think a nealopolitan lawyer refers to the fact the he practices law in Italy (Naples) LOL ??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did wonder if that is what it meant, but was not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You manage to find some of the most intriguing books Diane. This one sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.