Tuesday, July 9, 2013

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros ~ My Education; Susan Choi

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

This week I'm featuring an intro from a book that was just released, by a "new to me author".



July 3, 2013 - Viking

(Intro quote is from an eGalley)

"Since arriving the previous week I'd kept hearing about a notorious person and now as I entered the packed lecture hall my gaze caught on a highly conspicuous man.  That's him I declared inwardly, which of course was absurd.  It was a vast university, of thousands of souls. There was no reason these two kinds of prominence --scandalous noteworthiness, and exceptional, even sinister, attractiveness--must belong to the same human being.  Yet they had. The man was Nicholas Brodeur, though I knew it for sure only later."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think? Would you keep reading?  Feel free to join us by linking your First Chapter post below. 

 

16 comments:

  1. I'd read on - Nicholas Brodeur sounds an interesting, if dangerous character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice introduction to a character. Yes, I'd keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you have piqued my curiosity...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this intro...I want to know more. The title is also intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is awful but the writing sounds good. I got rained out (lightning) of my morning run so I have time to join in early for a change. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would keep reading. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just heard about this book a few days ago. Now I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing great things about this book. Yes, I would keep reading based on that opener. I'm going with a teaser today here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen your book around and have put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds interesting and I would read on to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds interesting, I'd read a bit further. By the way--I love the picture in your header. The kayaks are so bright against the grass and the water. great composition. have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I think I would. I love the cover (sort of art deco-ish), and the title, and the opening has lots of intrigue and promise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's quite an opener. I'd have to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fun meme and I promise I will join in as soon as I start reading a new book. I have been slacking off in my book reading lately due in a large part to needing a stronger prescription in reading glasses. Your choice looked very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Almost forgot to thank you for your sweet comment on my birthday and Gregg's retirement. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am curious about this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.