This is my last day of vacation after being off since July 3rd. I loved me time off, but the weather was not very good....hot and humid, thunderstorms and rain. Despite that we had some fun. We caught up with friends for lunch, they are friends we only see 3-4 time a year, but when we do, it's always wonderful. This get-together over lunch was no exception. I also got to see my granddaughter twice (always special), but no beach time as planned as I can't stand being outdoors long when the weather is hot and humid,(never mind rain and thunderstorms:)
I did get to finish (4) books: (2) were kids books that I enjoyed. I also read, After Her; Joyce Maynard (good) and The Woman Upstairs; Claire Messud (also good). No reviews yet --
One book I really was disliking, ended up being a DNF, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail; C. Strayed. I thought I might like this one as my mom died quickly from cancer when i was in my early 30s, much like the author's own mother. so I though perhaps I might find some similar experiences - that never happened, it was the main character and the choices she made that really bugged me. I actually was happy this was a library book and i hadn't paid $$ for it. It seems I'm in the minority based on reviews. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you read this one.
New Books by Mail:
- A Dangerous Fiction; Barbara Rogan
- Five Days at Memorial; Sheri Fink
- Lighthouse Island; Paulette Jiles
- The Women of Braxton County; Jess McConkey
- The Lavender Garden; Lucinda Riley
- The Tilted World; Tom Franklin
- Goat Mountain; David Vann
- The Wicked Girls; Alex Marwood
- Light of the World; James Lee Burke
- Henri, le Chat Noir:the Existential Musings of an Angst-Filled Cat; William Braden (purchase)
- The Butterfly Sister; Amy Gail Hansen
Enjoy Your Day!.