Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby and Toddler On the Go Cookbook: Fresh, Homemade Foods To Take Out And About; Kim Laidlaw


Wendell Owen - 2013

Perfect Resource for new and busy moms. I loved this book and so did my daughter. Here's why:
 
First of all as a visual person this book meets all of my requirements for a cookbook. The photos are visually appealing, there are plenty of them and the recipes are relatively simple to prepare. Perfect for busy moms or grand moms.
 
The recipes are easy to make and encompass a wide variety of tastes, spices and textures so that little ones can have lots of new food experience. I liked the way that there is a section broken down by age groups: (4-6 mths) (7-9 mths) (9-12 mths)  and toddler foods (1-3 years), and the types of foods to try introducing as these stages. For new moms this is very valuable. 
 
Over 75 different recipes, there were a variety of recipes that could be best described as "bites" - Mac and cheese balls made in mini muffin tins (how cool is that?), also lots of different frittata bite foods: spinach and cheese, asparagus and mozzarella, ham, tomato and swiss, ham and veggie mini quiches. I also like the variety of smoothie recipes, muffin recipes, a section on how to make your own yogurt and the avocado toasties - all of which seemed very healthy.
 
Highly Recommended - 5/5 stars

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love books like this! I had a similar book for when my kids were toddlers and I used it so much. I might just get this for my sister who is expecting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to get some new ideas besides cheerios and cheese sticks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two friends who have each just had their first baby. This might be just the perfect gift to go along with some cute bibs and dishes. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to see if my library has this one. Gage has gotten picky and I need some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the concept of this book! I would make some of those recipes for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.