Friday, August 2, 2013

Open This Little Book; Jesse Klausmeir and Suzy Lee (illustrator)

Open This Little Book; Jesse Klausmeir
Chronicle Books - 2013

This kids book is extra special, and a must buy in my opinion - here's why:

It is not your run-of-the-mill kids book, yes it is cute and fun and has darling illustrations, but it is also interactive, educational and totally unique.

In a nutshell, it is a series of books inside the book. Each book, is a different color and has a critter of the same. For example the green book has a green frog to read about, then there is a red book with a ladybug etc. Oh heck, just watch this adorable YouTube Video that does this book justice.

It's definitely a creative idea for a children's book, as it teaches size and color concepts and then there are the cute little critters and messages as well. The illustrator Suzy Lee and the author have made for a winning combination. Kids and adults will love having this one as part of their permanent combination.


  1. I thought this book was adorable as well!

  2. Kathy - glad u got a chance to check it out - so unique.

  3. I love love love interactive books! So much fun, and so fascinating!

  4. That is a pretty cool kiddie concept!

  5. I got this for the library just before school was out, but I haven't gotten to read it yet.

    Here's my It's Monday!


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)