Saturday, August 15, 2015

At the Movies - The Gift (2015)


August - 2015
STX Entertainment

In the mood for an edge of your seat thriller in a nice air conditioned theatre this summer? If so you MUST try The Gift.  It's a terrific psychological thriller that we both enjoyed a lot. Jason Bateman (Simon), Joel Edgerton (Gordo) and Rebecca Hall (Robyn). Joel Edgerton, wrote, directed and starred in the movie and he was terrific.

In this movie Simon and Robyn are a young married couple who just moved from Chicago to California,  One day soon after purchasing their new home, the couple is out shopping when an old classmate of Simon's from high school recognizes him and takes the time to stop and reintroduce himself. Simon says he does not remember him, but Gordo is persistent, and it isn't the last the couple will see of him.

This movie has it all: great cast, terrific story and unexpected twists. It kept us guessing and on the edge of our seats throughout. It's one of those stories that will make you wonder about how well we know the people we think we know.

SEE IT!! 

10 comments:

  1. Diane, this sounds like a very good movie. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a preview of this one on TV. Thanks for the info. Putting it on the list to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it's ok. Maybe just my laptop. Using iPhone now. Yes, I think JE has done a good job as a directorial debut. And he has a cast to work with. Ok, for those who have not seen it, what I'm going to say in parenthesis following may imply spoiler so ado Not Read. :) (one thing though, the ending twist makes me think of The Usual Suspects and Primal Fear)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 typos (that's why I don't like using my phone to do this.) I meant to say "a good cast" and "Do Not Read". Pls correct my errors. Thx! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to keep up with movies and don't think I've even heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the previews for this movie and really want to see it. It hasn't come to my area yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my usual kind of movie but I hear there are a lot of fairy tale references so I may have to put on my big girl pants and go see it (and by that I mean wait to see it until I can rent it and shut it off if it freaks me out too much!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Jason Bateman and do want to see this!! Unfortunately, it's Jason's pick this weekend so I see Straight Outta Compton in my future :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.