Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Blatherings and a few New Books


The above picture is just a reminder of how quickly summer has passed. Planning to enjoy every nice day before the snow shovels appear.

The past week has been really busy and fun with not too much time for reading, but there is one book that I'm reading and enjoying -- The Last September by Nina de Gramont. It's one of those stories that hooked me early on and made me anxious to turn each page to find out more. In some ways it reminds me of Life Drawing, by Robin Black a book which I really enjoyed.

We went to a few fun children's museums with the grand kiddos and I probably had as much fun as they did.  We painted, did construction work, visited The Very Hungry Caterpillar's house, read books, played in a spaceship, pretended we were doctor's and dentists, played grocery store and cashier, junior carpenters,  played with the largest collecting of Lego's I've ever seen, and even experienced a hurricane simulator. Here are a few pics from some of the activities --





Kids do know how to have fun

Back to books -- I did get a few new books in the mail last week.  



I hope to spend some time on the deck reading and relaxing today. Hope you enjoy your Sunday!

22 comments:

  1. It's so fun watching little ones discover something for the first time. We got a few of the same books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spent most of my summer with the grandkids too, so reading has definitely taken a back seat this summer! But they fill us up with joy and love, don't they? The grandkids I mean!

    Going out on the porch to read today too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to enjoy those special moments whenever we get the chance. Glad your summer was special.

      Delete
  3. That sandman/snowman made us laugh and the little ones made us smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! But I hate being reminded of how fast the year has passed! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That museum looks like so much fun! We've been talking about taking a day trip that sounds similar and I'm definitely really looking forward to it! I think my youngest will love it. Great books this week! I have The Magic Art of Tidying and am looking forward to reading it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids really loved it and even though the youngest is not quite 3.5 and the youngest just 13 months, no one was ready to leave after 2 hours.

      Delete
  6. Your grandkids are so cute! Mine love those type of museums too, and so do I. It looks like you all had a great day!

    You got a great selection of books! I hope you enjoy each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Those fun moments are the best...

    I am eager to get my hands on The Last September...and Mendocino Fire sounds good.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel -- the Last September is very good, still have some to go.

      Delete
  8. Little ones allow us to experience things a new way, don't they? Enjoy your new books, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to have that much fun with my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly an exciting time for me, you will be there very soon.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a great Children's Museum! Cleveland's isn't so great but I had just as much fun as Gage at the one in Pittsburgh. Such cute pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, your museum trips so like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.