Tuesday, June 14, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - If You Left; Ashley Prentice Norton



Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where I share the first paragraph sometimes two, of a book that I'm reading or plan to read soon.  


If You Left; Ashley Prentice Norton
Mariner Books - 2016

Intro

"IT MUST HAVE been the first or second week of October by then, or maybe even the third, she didn't know and hadn't really cared.  But on that day, time --or, rather, timing--suddenly mattered.  Oliver had left only ten minutes earlier to drop Clem at school, but not before kissing Althea on the head and gently pulling the bedroom door closed, thinking she was still asleep.  Afterward, he was going to a breakfast meeting at the W Hotel for Spectacle, the company he had started right out of graduate school and that now made millions selling eight-hundred-dollar sunglasses.  But Oliver often forgot something and he could easily return to the loft and catch her.  She decided to wait another five minutes, which, for her, was an eternity."

What do you think -- keep reading or pass? 
(Feel free to join in this week by posting your intro below?


33 comments:

  1. I wonder what is going on in this scenario...obviously, she is planning something, and doesn't want him to know. Can't wait to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This first paragraph is great at raising my curiosity. I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opening is so-so, but because of the title I'd read on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I wasn't "wowed" by the intro but I think it might be good.

      Delete
  4. The opening didn't totally grab me, but I'm curious enough to read a little more to see. Could be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, I wasn't "wowed" by the intro but I think it might be good.

      Delete
  5. I wonder what she has planned, so I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious enough to keep reading, looks like a good summer choice -- hope hope.

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely wondering what she's going to do. Leave him is my guess. Suicide? It definitely will not be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wondering too. My guess is she is 'running away'. But it could be something else. I will want to read this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You spelled the author's name wrong.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The opening did draw me in. I'm not so sure about this one though after reading what it is about. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started it so not sure yet but, intro didn't wow me either.

      Delete
  10. That needs a little more of something but I would be a little curious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I really like this intro and think you should keep reading. I really want to know what she's doing and if he catches her. I feel tension already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh catch her doing what? I would definitely keep reading to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely want to know more! Very curious about what she's going to do once she's certain he's not coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got the idea from that opening and the title that she is worried he is going to leave her. I await your review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No way, I want to know more right now! Great intro.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first thought was suffering through postpartum? And what's so important about this day - what is it about the timing? Do they lose it all? Interesting to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also wonder what's going on. Terrific opening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.