Yesterday was a long tiring day as we headed to New York City for Father's Day (just for the day). My husband's sons live in Manhattan and Philadelphia so they invited us to the city for brunch. It was a fun day with perfect weather but, it made for a very long 12 hour day. I hope you all had a nice weekend as well.
The publishers were very generous last week, several new books arrived in my mailbox. They all look really good but, I am especially looking forward to the new Allen Esken's book, The Heavens May Fall. (I've read his first two books, The Life We Bury and The Guise of Another. I enjoyed them both.
- The Couple Next Door; Shari Lapena (Pamela Dorman Books)
- In the Darkroom; Susan Faludi (Metropolitan Books)
- The Heavens May Fall; Allen Eskens (Seventh Street Books)
- Jonathan Unleashed; Meg Rosoff (Viking)
- Return; Aaron Becker (Candlewick)
- Tuesday Nights in 1980; Molly Prentiss (Gallery/Scout Press)
- An Abbreviated Life: A Memoir; Ariel Leve (Harper)