Tuesday, December 4, 2012

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros



Every Tuesday, I'll be posting the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book I decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s). Feel free to grab the banner and play along. For today's First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro, I'm featuring an intro to a book by a new to me author. Has anyone read this one?



2012 Henry Holt and Co.

"SHE SHOULD HAVE told him already about the church but she hadn't.  The warnings were all there--he could name all of her siblings, and he looked at her too deliberately, and when he hugged her she was caught too long against his chest.  Every morning she decided she would tell him, but every afternoon it was too tempting to go one more day, one more minute where he found a way to hold her fingers as she passed him a note.  But now she knew he was going to ruin it all and ask her to the dance, she could feel it--she avoided him carefully but fussed with her hair, nearly sick with the twin terrors of him asking her or not asking her, not sure which end she should assign her hope."  

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

Please feel free to grab the logo and join in by posting the first paragraph (or 2) of a book you are reading now or hoping to read soon.

 

23 comments:

  1. This doesn't really grab me... Perhaps it is the self-destructive or fatalistic tone that does not appeal... Hope you enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by it. I'd definitely keep going. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really enjoy this book...but the opener is not bad. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Joanne, it doesn't really grab me but I'm interested in your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The opening doesn't do anything for me, but I hope you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would keep reading. I am interested. I will watch for your review. My Tuesday Intro is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there seems to be a problem with my link, I am trying to fix it. "sigh"

      Delete
  7. I've picked up this book a couple of times at the library, but never brought it home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The opener is a little confusing, but I'd probably read on and try to figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would keep reading simply to find out what she eventually does, so I hope you do too! This one sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just picked this one up a few weeks ago and am hoping to squeeze it in before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is another one that's new to me but looks so good. I'd definitely keeping reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also not so sure of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another good one! Conflicting emotions grab me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like a very emotional book! I'd continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a bit curious as to who she is talking about and what is up with their relationship!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd give it a go although I'm a bit confused by the tone. Sounds YA but the title doesn't to me. Curious to see how you like it if do decide to carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like too much teenage angst for me. Didn't grab my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a book that explores deep into the psyche of the characters. Not only that, I can feel some real conflicts coming up. Very captivating first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't read it but I do have it on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.