Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Mercy Snow; Tiffany Baker

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.  Bloggers spotlight upcoming releases that they are eagerly anticipating! Want to participate? Post your own WOW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. I loved this author's first book (4 years ago) - The Little Giant of Aberdeen County.

  Mercy Snow Tiffany Baker 
Grand Central Publishing - Hachette
January - 2014
 
In the tiny town of Titan Falls, New Hampshire, the paper mill dictates a quiet, steady rhythm of life. But one day a tragic bus accident sets two families on a course toward destruction, irrevocably altering the lives of everyone in their wake. — June McAllister is the wife of the local mill owner and undisputed first lady in town. But the Snow family, a group of itinerant ne'er-do-wells who live on a decrepit and cursed property, have brought her--and the town--nothing but grief.

June will do anything to cover up a dark secret she discovers after the crash, one that threatens to upend her picture-perfect life, even if it means driving the Snow family out of town. But she has never gone up against a force as fierce as the young Mercy Snow. Mercy is determined to protect her rebellious brother, whom the town blames for the accident, despite his innocence. And she has a secret of her own. When an old skeleton is discovered not far from the crash, it beckons Mercy to solve a mystery buried deep within the town's past.

17 comments:

  1. Wow!Looks like a good book to wait for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    following via bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-56-landry-park.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds so intriguing! I look forward to seeing your review once you read it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw something about this yesterday. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I didn't realize she had a new one out. I love her books so I'd definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one intrigues me. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already like Mercy based on that blurb. I'll have to keep an eye out for it in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good mystery. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also read the author's first book, and interviewed her. The new one sounds like one I should read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, sounds like a promising dark mystery. Thanks for sharing! Here’s my WOW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds good...I'll be watching for its arrival, too.

    Here's my WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-my-notorious-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds very good. I am looking forward to reading it myself.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes! This one sounds great...would definitely read it for the showdown!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this does sound interesting. Thanks for the post to tell us about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.