The week flew by quickly: yoga (x2), a doctor's visit, an ultrasound with "nothing serious" results, repeat in 4 months (thank goodness). There were also lunches out, a library book sale, a visit to new casino and blood work for our remaining cat who is now 16. He seems to be acting okay but has lost 1.5 lbs in 6 months (awaiting blood results). At one time he weighed 13-14 lbs but now just 9.6.
Many thanks for the above (2) books arrive last week from publishers.
- Unsheltered; Barbara Kingsolver (sent by Harper)
- The Forbidden Place; Susanne Jansson (Grand Central)
$2.50 for the above (5) books at a library book sale this weekend.
- Anne Tyler (3) books in one
- Free Food for Millionaires; Min Jin Lee (JoAnn @ Lakeside Musing just raved about this one)
- The Summer Guest; Justin Cronin
- The Women; T.C. Boyle
- Sweeping Up Glass; Carolyn Wall
Finished this week
Reading Right Now:
Plan on starting this week: