Tuesday, August 6, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Cape May; Chip Cheek



On Tuesdays, Vicki, ( I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that plan to read.

Cape May; Chip Cheek
Celadon Books/Macmillan Audio - 2019

One

"The beaches were empty, the stores were closed, and after sunset, all the houses on New Hampshire Avenue stood dark.  For months, Effie had been telling him about this place and the many things they would do here, but she had only known it in summer, and this was the end of September. She had not understood what 'off season' meant. They came up from Georgia on the overnight train.  They were supposed to spend two weeks here, for their honeymoon."

"I love it, Henry said their first evening. It's like we got the whole place to ourselves."

What do you think? Read more or pass?

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this, so I'd keep going. The premise intrigues me, even if I've read mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about reading this. I look foward to your thoughts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this one does sound good. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect place for a honeymoon.

    Donna @ Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the beginning of this one and would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this opening, and it left me with lots of questions, so I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like the sounds of this. I'll wait to hear what you think of it on audio. I have a lot of credits to use up and I may get this one if it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would and will read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.