Tuesday, August 20, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Lock Every Door; Riley Sager



Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read. 
(I started this one last night and I'm really enjoying it so far.)

Lock Every Door; Riley Sager
Dutton - 2019

NOW

Light slices the darkness, jerking me awake.

My right eye--someone's prying it open. Latex-gloved fingers parting the lids, yanking on them like they're stubborn window shades.

There's more light now, Harsh. Painfully bright. A penlight aimed at my pupil.

The same is done to my left eye. Pry, Part, Light.

The fingers release my lids, and I'm plunged back into darkness.

Someone speaks. A man with a gentle voice, "Can you hear me?"

I open my mouth, and hot pain circles my jaw. Stray bolts of it jab my neck and cheek.....

What do you think? Read more or pass?
(The intro is rather long so I only included part of it)








7 comments:

  1. Based on book reviews about this author's works, most readers either love him or are turned off. If this turns out to be more thriller than horror or something similar, then I might try it out. I know they are intense reads just from the blurbs. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd probably pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to read a bit more to be sure, but sounds like it could be intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd read more because now I want to know what happened, where they are, whose eyes being open, and who is doing the prying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds frightening! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like many people are turning to darker fiction this week. It sounds like it could be really creepy or a thrilling story of survival depending on what is happening in the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would read on a bit more to see where the story goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.