Sunday, August 11, 2019

Never Tell; Lisa Gardner



TITLE: Never Tell     
AUTHOR:  Lisa Gardner
PUBLISHER: Brillance Audio
PUB. YEAR: 2019
SETTING: MA
FORMAT:  audio (12 hours - approx.)
RATING - 4/5

Book #10 of the D.D. Warren series, Never Tell, features Flora Dane, a returning character from previous novels.  The audio is read by Kirsten Potter who did a great job.

Conrad Carter is dead, shot three times in his home office. His computer screen is riddled with more than 10 bullets and, his pregnant wife Evie is found holding the gun.  Sixteen years earlier, Evie was cleared in the killing of her father, which was later ruled accidental.  Is this all too coincidental? Just what is going on with this family?

The story is told in alternating POVs: Evie, who appears guilty, Detective D.D. Warren and Flora Dane, D.D.'s assistant. (Flora was a kidnap victim years earlier and she realizes that Evie's late husband looks familiar to her).

This story has strong female characters, which I loved and, the author did a great job developing each character along the way.  Bonus, I never figured out the ending. It's one of those stories that makes you ask how well you really know those closest to you.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, Evie sounds like quite the character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only listened to audio in the gym while walking, in the winter, when the sun isn't shining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have one going all the time in car or sometimes before bed.

      Delete
  3. I really liked this one and hope Evie will turn up again in future books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A thriller where you don't figure out the ending, but it seems plausible, is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use audiobooks but I read this on my kindle and really enjoyed it, as I have every single book Gardner has written. A go-to, auto-buy/borrow author for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I do like Gardner and have read most of her books but, I rarely buy books these days. I love the library!

      Delete
  6. Evie sounds like a real problem. Or, she's bad luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoy her book so I'm looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.