Monday, November 30, 2009

2009 - Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge - Completed

 When I joined this challenge I was not too sure I'd be successful, so I selected a goal of 20%.  So here is how I did: In October and November I read a total of 35 books, so that would mean at least (7) had to come from my shelves, and without even realizing it (21) were from my shelves or 60%.  Here are the books that I completed from my own shelves:

Completed Books from my Shelves:

  1. A Change in Altitude; Anita Shreve - disappointing
  2. The Brutal Telling; Penny - recommended
  3. What the Dead Know; Lippmann - recommended
  4. Tortilla Flat; Steinbeck - recommended
  5. Solace; Temes -  recommended
  6. A Duty to the Dead; Martin - recommended 
  7. Gift of the Sea; Lindbergh - recommended
  8. Sworn to Silence; Castillo (audio) - recommended
  9. Haunted Island; Nadler - ?? - okay   
  10. The Recipe Club; Israel and Garfinkle - recommended
  11. The Christmas Cookie Club; Pearlman - recommended  
  12. The Haunting of Hill House; Shirley Jackson - recommended 
  13. Picking Bones from Ash; Mockett - recommended 
  14. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane; K. Howe - recommended
  15. Away; Amy Bloom - (audio) - recommended
  16. The Man Who Loved Books Too Much; Allison Hoover Bartlett - recommended 
  17. Her Fearful Symmetry; A. Niffenegger - recommended 
  18. The Christmas Dog; Carlson - recommended
  19. Await Your Reply; Chaon - recommended
  20. The Christmas List; Evans - recommended
  21. Wishin and Hopin: A Christmas Story; Lamb - recommended  
 This challenge has now pumped me up for my 2010 Reading From My Shelves Project.
Thanks Swapna. Hope all who participated in this challenge had a great time.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I easily get distracted from my shelves by new books, so I really admire those who completed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the challenge. And that's great that you enjoyed most of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW -- out of 21 books, 19 were recommended. That is a great couple months of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With only one disappointing and another only OK, it looks like you picked really good books. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I need some sort of challenge of my own. My shelves are out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally rock! You had a couple of great reading months and did fantastic on the challenge. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for a challenge. Brutal Telling is on my TBR list, glad its a recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on completing the challenge! I have a lot of books on my shelves that need to be read too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! I can't wait to do your shelves challenge for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on completing the challenge and it looks like you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! I have the Shreve book from the library but am thinking about returning it unread.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.