Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My 2010 Reading Challenge Picks


Once again, J.Kaye is hosting the 100+ Reading Challenge. I love this challenge as it's usually one I can successfully complete.  SIGN UP HERE .



Thanks again to J. Kaye for hosting the Support Your Local Library Challenge again in 2010. I'm only doing the Mini-Challenge (25) Library books, as my goals for 2010 is to read MORE MORE MORE off my own shelves. More info or  SIGN UP HERE.





This was a challenge I really enjoyed in 2009. For 2010 I hope to read 50 New Authors. Interested in expanding you horizons. Visit Jackie at Literary Escapism to SIGN UP HERE.



I'm getting older not younger (aren't we all)? There are many many great books I want to read and have put off for far too long. So I decided to host my 1st challenge. My goal is (25 predetermined books). Details or SIGN UP HERE.


And, my #1 priority in 2010 is "clearing off  my shelves". With 600+ unread books, this is a MUST. So I decided to take this project seriously, and am committing to (75 books) -- you can choose as few as (20). Want to do the same? For more info and sign up:  SIGN UP HERE.



I don't want to feel "challenge pressure" this year, so (5) seems doable for me. What challenges are you committing to for 2010?

16 comments:

  1. This is the first year that I am actually going to complete all my challenges. Should be finishing up in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, before I forget, thanks so much for sending The 19th Wife, which arrived yesterday to brighten my day!

    Over 600?! You do have a lot of books to read!

    I'm enjoying the reading challenges I joined during the latter part of 2009, but I'm not sure I'll join any additional challenges for 2010. So many of the books I read qualify for this challenge or that, but I'm not the best at tracking them in an orderly, official manner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined the Library Challenge, New Authors, Read 100+ books. Will have to check out the other challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! 600 unread books? And I thought that my shelves were bad! I'm actually participating in almost all of the challenges that you are for a total of four (well, thanks to you I'll be doing the new author one- hadn't heard of that one yet!). I look forward to participating alongside you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and have fun with all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 600++? And I thought I had it bad at 143!

    You've certainly got a lot of challenges but I think I'll settle for the "Clearing Off My Shelves" one. It's just right for my New Year's resolve to buy one or two books a month and the rest of the month's reads should come my TBR pile. I hope I can stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive challenges! :) I'm determined to participate in at least one challenge next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Diane, good luck with those! My fav and the one I'll do with you is the "clear your shelves one." For SURE. Looking forward to following you with these ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some fabulous challenges there. I still haven't decided all mine for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are joining the 100+ and the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenges. I can't wait to start the new year. It's going to be a great year in books. I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa taking the plunge and hosting your own challenges! Impressive! Good luck with completing and hosting. 600+ books. That's amazing. I'd love to see your house. It must be filled. Jealous. You could name your house Diane's Library then reading your own books would qualify for 2 challenges. This year was my year to read from my shelves as a priority. I did ok until September. Then the library took over again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice choices ... I'm doing the cleaning my shelves and taking it extremely seriously as I plan to try not and purchase ANY books for all of 2010 and just read what I have already. Can I do it? I don't know but I'm going to try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still working on my list for the Do or Die challenge -- or is it the Do before I die?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm joining you in reading off my shelves: http://emeraldfiresbookmark.blogspot.com/2009/11/2010-reading-from-my-shelves-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always do the 100+ Challenge too. I'm looking forward to your 2 challenges and will probably find a couple more to add too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.