Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday Teaser

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Miz B from Should Be Reading.

The rules are as follows:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


(p.19) "The way Mom saw it, women should let the menfolk do the the work because it made them feel more manly. The notion made sense only if you had a strong man willing to step up and get things done, and between Dad's gimp, Buster's elaborate excuses, and Apache's tendency to disappear, it was often up to me to keep the place from falling apart".

17 comments:

  1. Is the narrator a male or female? Good teaser. Here's mine: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...that definitely sounds like a place where someone would need to step up to the plate. Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Walls' first book was great and from the sound of this teaser, I'd probably think the same about this one. Terrific teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deja vu or something. While I was window shopping at Amazon last night I saw this book and put it on my wishlist.

    I'll await your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have been wanting this book! Her first book was fabulous, so I'm sure this one will be too!

    My teaser:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesdays_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds excellent and isn't that quote the truth sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't wait to read this. Great tease! I love reading about this time period.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Glass Castle...I'm sure I'll end up reading this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the menfolk are slacking. I have been so curious about this book. Nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a terrific teaser! This book is on my tbr list already otherwise I would be writing it down now. Sheesh, 3 men in the house & no one to do the jobs men usually do around the house. Not good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a similar vein of my newest (to me) favorite book this year -- These is my Words. Sometimes a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do, and sometimes a girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.