Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Teaser


Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading.


TEASER TUESDAYS
asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
My teasers are from my current read: Still Life; Louise Penny 


(p. 225)...."Who's the most likely suspect in any murder? A family member. Who's the next most likely suspect? Someone who benefits from the death. And if that person has the opportunity as well, we might as well start making your bed in the penitentiary right now".  
[sorry that's 4 sentences not 2 but I had to finish]

What are you reading this week? Feel free to share your teaser.

14 comments:

  1. Those sentences make a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Louise Penny is good! Great teaser!

    And I do agree with you on Jodi's two early novels, Picutre Perfect and Songs of Hunchback Whale are not her strongest or my favorites but I guess you gotta start some where!

    Take care,
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds like a book I'd like!

    Love the cover!

    My teaser is here:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2009/11/tuesday-teasers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I think they have a suspect, close of kin. I would like to read this one.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/11/tuesday-teasers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...sounds like someone is destined for the slammer! Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a little scary for someone who's innocent but just happens to be in that circumstance. It makes me wonder what the circumstance is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, you couldn't have cut that down to two sentences. Great teaser, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to add her to my tbr pile. Great teaser, looking forward to your review on the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have yet to do a tuesday teaser but like reading them on blogs! you picked a few great sentences--sounds like a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's an author that I want to read!! I liked the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your teaser! I'm reviewing this book tomorrow. I really enjoyed it! I hope you did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! This sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.