I'm having a Giveaway on July 4th to celebrate my 2nd anniversary as a book blogger ~
About the past (2)years
My first year (2008-2009)
- 306 posts
- approximately 1,100 comments (but just 69 comments in the 1st - 6 months of blogging!.....starting out is tough!
- 1,000 profile views
- 90+ subscribers, and 50(+) followers.
(2) Year Stats
- 900+ posts (2008-2010)
- Just short of 5,000 comments
- 5,100+ profile views
- 517 subscribers, and 371 followers
I have all of you to thank for bringing so much more book joy to each and every day. Sometimes I feel like a "slacker" for not visiting you enough or not commenting enough, but the truth is I have so much less time free time now. Many of you know I went back to work full-time, but I still try hard to respond in the comment section whenever someone asks me a question. I also try very hard to visit the blogs of all my faithful followers, in addition to many other blogs I just enjoy.
I have met so many wonderful book lovers through blogging. All of your reviews and your posts about books have added to my ever expanding wish list. I'd like to thank all of the publicists who have contacted me and sent me books for review this year ~~ much appreciated. My book stacks have grown from roughly 550 books (last year at this time) to about 740 books right now. The funny thing is, I tend to give the books I've read to friends or donate them to the library book sale, so 95% of the books in my possession are unread! I call them "my retirement stash". I have promised myself to "clean house" once again should the number hit 751 (getting very very close).
So to all of you, new friends and old, I'd like to give something back to say thanks for ALL your support; your comments are appreciated. Here's what I'm giving away:
- 1st Prize - I've been doing a little bragging off and on about my daughters new book, so first prize will be a Signed copy of New England Knits (to be released July 2010). If you are not a knitter, this book would make a great gift for anyone who loves knitting. Seriously, even if you don't knit, I assure you that you will love browsing and find several items to fall in love with ( I got a sneak peek). All of the patterns were designed and knit by the talented Melissa and Cecily.
- 2nd Prize - Brand new Hardcover copy of the 2010 Sandra Dallas novel Whiter Than Snow. It is a great story; I listened to the audio book, and liked it a lot.
- 3rd Prize - New ARC: Red Hook Road; Ayelet Waldman
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER
I don't want to make you jump through too many hoops (just a few). So if you'd like a chance at the giveaways, here is all you have to do.
- Just one entry per person please
- Giveaway open to US and International followers
- If you are not a FOLLOWER, become one, to be eligible for giveaway and leave a comment with a way to contact you in case you win.
- OLD followers/subscribers, just leave a comment and a way to contact you.
- Winners will be drawn at on 4th of July using random.org . All winners will be notified. (You will have (3) days to respond with mailing info, or alternates may be selected).
Thanks for your support and Good Luck to everyone.
It's been 2 great years!
It's been 2 great years!