Can you believe half the year is now over? Are you pleased with your reading progress so far this year. I'm happy with my 2010 stats thus far, but I am a bit disappointed with how June ended up versus how I thought my reading would go. I also had my very first DNF for 2010 this month, after trying, but finding out The Passage, is just not my kind of book. Here's what I read in June:
- Christian, the Hugging Lion; Richardson, Parnell and Bates (4/5) (childrens)
- Let the Great World Spin; McCann - (audio) 5/5
- Hot House Flower and the 9 Plants of DesireHothouse Flower and the Nine Plants of Desire: A Novel; Berwin (audio) - 4/5
- Mudbound; Jordan - 4/5
- Every Last One; Quindlen - (audio) 2/5
- The Genius in All of Us; Shenk - (audio) 4.5/5
- Private Life; Jane Smiley - 4/5
- The Murderer's Daughters; Randy Susan Meyers (audio) - 4.5/5
- The Hotel Iris; Yoko Ogawa - 4.5/5
- Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show; F. Delaney (audio) - 4/5
- Where the Sunrise Begins; Wood and Popp - 5/5(childrens)
- The Everything Flat Belly Cookbook; Koelher and Acevedo - 5/5
Now here is the rub.....This year I hosted my first (2) challenges; one challenge I'm doing okay with 2010 Reading from My Shelves Project having read 47/75, but then there is the other challenge: 2010 Books to Read Before I Die, where I have only read 3/20 books. (I'm wondering if it might be bad luck to finish all the books on that list...LOL).
In 2010, I signed up for 10 challenges and have completed 6 of these so I'm good with that.
So what are my plans for the second half of 2010? I'd love to complete ALL (10) of my challenges, but I'll be content on just going with the flow, and reading whatever book feels right for me. I'm going to try to resist reading all the latest and greatest books, and select some of those great books from years past, that I never managed to get to.....let's see how that goes.
How about you, how are you doing?